Phoenix Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Serving the greater Phoenix area, Mesa, and surrounding cities
Cerebral palsy is brain damage that affects one or more areas of the brain. Cerebral palsy is an injury that often occurs at birth when a doctor fails to provide the proper standard of care. With cerebral palsy, body movement and muscle coordination are affected, and children may have trouble walking, talking, eating, or speaking.
Cerebral palsy can be caused by oxygen deprivation, head trauma, or brain damage shortly before, during, or after childbirth.
Common medical errors that frequently result in cerebral palsy include:
- Failure to recognize fetal distress and perform a C-section
- Delayed delivery
- Failure to recognize high blood pressure related to pregnancy
- Excessive or improper use of a vacuum extractor or forceps
- Failed diagnosis/treatment of infant seizures
- Failed diagnosis/treatment of jaundice
- Failed diagnosis/treatment of meningitis
An experienced medical malpractice lawyer can answer your questions and help you understand if cerebral palsy resulted from medical malpractice. If you are unable to travel, a personal injury attorney can visit you in the hospital or at your home.
Call 480-898-9700 or contact a medical malpractice lawyer online today to discuss your potential case; the initial consultation is free.
The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.