I am a paralegal at Tobler Law. I also am a triathlete and spend many hours on my bicycle training for endurance events. Unfortunately, I have had numerous friends get hit by cars while training.
Working at Tobler Law gives me the opportunity to discuss with my clients the rules of the road and ways to decrease your chances of being injured while riding your bike. Here are some basic tips:
- Follow the laws as if you were in a motorized vehicle.
- Stop at red lights.
- Follow the laws of right of way.
- Stop at stop signs.
- Ride the same direction as traffic.
- Ride single file if you are in a group.
- Always choose routes with bike lanes or wide shoulders to give you more space between you and traffic.
Lastly, probably the most important thing you can do is to wear a helmet!!!